Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Gilmore Girls - Season Six" - An Emotional Rollercoaster Ride

On completion of "Gilmore Girls: Season Six," my heart is beating so fast that I can't hear myself think. That was Maryland Lemon Laws heck of a ride. Through all the emotional bumps of the whole season I don't think I can stand up straight anymore. The whole season starts with the separation of Rory from Lorelai, which was enough to get me absolutely distraught. Just when I think I cannot breathe anymore, we are told of Lorelai and Luke's engagement. So, I am happy for another couple episodes, then we find out Luke has a kid.....etc., etc., etc. Is it any wonder that any of my hair is still left in my head? Whew! No hair was worth this really great season.

Lauren Graham Jingle Bells "Lorelai" is my favorite actor in the whole series. Just when you think her comedic timing is the best thing about her, she surprises you with an incredible Restaurantsczcznqnynh scene. The scene in which she is giving Luke an ultimatum really makes you feel all the sadness and certainty of Lorelai's love for Luke. Another one of my favorite characters, "Sookie" (played by Melissa McCarthy) shines in this season as well. Her kind and funny personality has brought me to tears I was laughing so hard. In that episode in which her and Jackson are trying to get rid of the marijuana that by accident grew in there garden....I laughed so hard I cried. I will give quite a few kudos to Kelly Bishop as "Emily." No one can make me laugh and feel frustration at the same time except for her. This season was definitely no exception. The "Driving Mrs. Gilmore" episode was absolutely hilarious.

Amy Sherman is an absolute genius. I have to say it straight off. The little town of Star's Hollow was absolutely created by her. All the funny and sweet little things that happen in the town were created in her head. There is no town like that in the U.S. and yet she lets us believe there is. I couldn't believe it when she left the show on the seventh season. That was a very unwise move for the executives to make. Valley Girl her legacy lives on through the little town and all its characters. Mainman course, we have to mention the writing because it is absolutely incredible. Part of the writing is due in part to the fact that it is delivered so well by the actors. No one can put as much pop culture comments in a show and make it work than all the writers on this show. They make everything so funny, sweet, and honest.

Season Six is the best season I have seen so far out of the whole series (of course, I probably will watch another season and decide that one is my favorite). No one does it like "Gilmore Girls." No one can take me away like they can. I feel all the emotions without thinking about what is going on in my life. The characters are some of the funniest I have ever seen on television. The best part of it is the perfect balance between kindness of heart and wit. If I have to be on emotional rollercoaster ride to get there... I don't mind... in fact, I'm in line again.

Rachael Rizzo has been acting since she was nine years old. She uses her experience to write about what the things she loves mean to her (mostly movies and baking). She is twenty-three years old and resides in beautiful Oregon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home